Monday, June 05, 2006

Lately...

Ok, so. Today I went running--13 min, but I really sprinted at the end. It was kinda fun. but I was seriously feeling limp afterwards. but GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure Rach and fishy will appreciate this. I DID MY SPLIT!!!!!! like, SERIOUSLY, there was LESS then and INCH between me and the floor. SHEESH!!!!! of course, doing it on my left is still like, a complete half foot between me and the floor, but that's ok. I"M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rummage sale went AWESOMELY!!!!!!!!! I truly thank God for that answer to prayer--it all went very smoothly, and everyone got a good amount of money.

LT IS IN 45 days, 21 hours, 52 min, and 14 sec, approximately. I'm going from the Friday at 6:00 when we take off. That's when it starts--and the past 2 years, that's as far as I got. but now I'm going the WHOLE way. So yeah, there we go. Kt's got me PUMPED for it. It's kinda strange, actually. I've never been there, but my mind is CONSTANTLY going to it.

But last night was really really cool. Like, really. It was our dance recital, and it was totally sweet. I actually had fun. Unfortunately, my Earth one, I TOTALLY blanked out. but, fortunately, it happened off stage. By the time it was time for me to get back onstage I had remembered everything. For the black pyramids one, it looks like I nearly got kicked in the head by rach, looking back on the tape that dad taped, but really, I didn't. That also was ok...

But the spanish one! That was a GREAT experience. I was SO nervous off stage--mostly because Katie and Emma T. were right next to me freaking out. But it was really fun to get that nervous, and still know I was gonna do fine. Off stage I see rach and fishy on the other side, waiting... then the music starts. I got totally got carried away in the music--and for the first time, not worrying about the steps I need to do, but thinking of the more finer bits--pointed toes, straight back, graceful arms, huge smile. I didn't actually really have to work on the smile. I was having FUN. Like, about to crack up,--Emma T's face...that was really funny. Other years it hadn't been this much fun just to go out and dance. I had been nervous other years. But I guess I got my being nervous done before the dance this year. you're right, kt, get nervous before, then you're not when it counts. That dance was truly wonderful.

And, as always, the finale is the hardest. That's when our teacher is saying good bye to all the seniors who're leaving. she always cries. Every time. I know I will be when I'm a senior. I almost did when I'm not the one leaving. after the curtain went down, most of the girls left the stage, but our teacher and a group of girls stayed, and were hugging, and some were crying, and our teacher was being hugged by literally eight girls at once.

I don't know what I'm gonna do on Tuesdays anymore. Tuesdays are dance days. They almost always have been. This year was really cool. There were some annoying parts, and some tired parts, and some confusing parts, but that makes the sweet parts that much sweeter, and the fun parts that much more fun. This year has been really amazing. I feel like I've learned more to dancing, and I've gotten closer to the gals there, but the only sad part is next year, I'm not going to be with some of the girls in this class. I'm moving to the highschool class with rach, fishy, and a few others, but I think I'm gonna miss Emma G. the most. she's so....Emma. That's like, the only word to describe her. I love hugging her. I'm just a hugger all over. I LOVE hugging.

Honestly, if it wasn't for church I don't know how I'd stand summer, friend-wise. And if there's not many friends, what's the point of summer? So thanks guys. Thanks for making my summer every sunday.

And we haven't even done LT yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

I'm really, really glad you got to clean my house!!!! It made my week go so much better---and you guys did an awesome job!

Thank you so much for your prayers. It means a lot to me.

Love ya!