Thursday, August 25, 2005

Vacation, Day one and two

We're having a Vacation--here at home! before we start school on Monday, we decided to have vacation at home, and do fun stuff that we normally don't do. On Monday ktyack had to babysit, so we didn't do anything that day, that was day zero.

Tuesday we went mini golfing and bowling. I didn't do so well on mini golf.
horr-not so good. Bowling was little better. There were no bumpers, and Pops has always spoiled us with those. Mom beat us all, which Dad was a little annoyed. But not much. Abyack came in first for the kids the first game, and the second....I wasn't...I can't remeber who. but I don't care. I got to bowl with my family which was fun. I got a strike, so I'm good.

Then we came back home and got alllllllll of our stuff (blankets, food, both of which took a while to accumulate.) and went to Trumpet in the Land, which was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fantastic. I loved it. It was about the first settlement in Ohio, Schoenbrunn, and they all got into this fix with the Revolutionary War--the Brits and Americans and the Indians. It was sad, but it had some good laughs, too. At the beginning the acting seemed stiff, but that was because the characters were a bit stiff at that time. But it was really good. I loved it. I won't go repeating myself any longer, but it was good.

Wednesday we had a huge late breakfast, and then we went to the actual Schoenbrunn place, where they lived. It was what it would have been--in the same place and all. The actual thing had been destroyed-like. I can't remeber why. but it was still un-imaginable to be able to live in those rooms...nothing else. One room, a fire place or pit, and a rope bed. That was pretty much it. Some were better, but still hard to imagine living in those small places.

Then we went to Goodwill for a while, until we got nice and starving. Then we went to Cici's Pizza, which was totally awesome. It's an all you can eat pizza place with salad and pizza and desserts--really good. I ate until I could eat no more, then had a cinnamon twist-thingy. Then we came home and watched Because of Winn Dixie after renting it from Giant Eagle. I loved that book, and the movie was better.

Obviously I've had a good Vacation so far. YEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so weird--but you have no Idea...actually, you might have some Idea, depending on who you might be.

No comments: