Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Batteries, Sunshine, Taiwan, and Chipotle: Wednesday

9-15

Chinese was fun. We just talked about occupations and countries and did a conversation practice and we had to introduce our friends and such. :-D

FHC more lecture on morphemes and word borrowing and stuff. Semantics and how new words are made. Sooo yeah that was fun. Just like Coffee sounds the same in a lot of languages. Europe had it first, and Asia stole it in different forms. hehe

Lunch at Prentice. I went without anyone to eat with, but Nick, James, Katie and Abagail were there. I got the same thing as katie, and it creeped them all out. Haha. Grilled cheese and fruit! What's not to like?

THeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn I sat outside!!!! It was a gorgeous day and in the sun it was perfect! I read Astronomy stuff and Ed dem stuff. :-D Then astronomy, and telescopes, then home. But then Rachel was going to Prentice for lunch, so I joined her and ate that really good honey graham marshmallow gooey awesomeness. we took it home so we could work on homework. But I worked on getting a new battery for my computer instead. I had a warranty, so it's all good. But it took a loooong time because I was chatting online with someone and then we got disconnected, so I had to try again and got someone else and had to start over. But that was ok. It made me laugh when we were done, the chat support person literally said, "It is nice to assist such a friendly and wonderful customer like you. May all the happiness always knock your doors..!!!" Her (?) name was Indian, so it just made me laugh. I love ESL!

Started going the wrong way to meet Katie and her friends from the TEFL program, but finally got to Chipotle. Had half of Katie's burrito. Yum! Her friends are hilarious! and they know Chinese so that was fun :-D Ummm.... Yeah, Shelly, Newton and Tiffany. Newton was the funniest. He kept insisting that Katie was outgoing enough when we got on the topic of who's quieter/louder in our family. Haha. But yeah, it was fun. :-D

Homework. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go to Navs. We'll see. I'm already half an hour late, but I can just slip in the back. I'm done with homework! but I could also be practicing writing Chinese, so I don't know what to do. Social or HW? That is the question. I think I'll do characters. Yup yup. I'm an awesome honors college student. So yeah. (I compromised and hung out in the student center with my whiteboard. But no one was there, so I got tired and went home)

I synced a lot of music to my phone, but now it won't play it. SO that's annoying.

EDIT::: It works! Yay! Volume's really loud even when it's on the quietest volume, but I can muffle it with my pocket, so it's all good :-P

Early night!! Lot's of sleep! good night!

No comments: