Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Anywhos, that's the news: Chinese and homeschooling

Can't talk about everything, BUT

Chinese test: 99. No worries :-D That really makes me happy :-DD

Astronomy: Don't know yet, but I bet it's pretty much the same, maybe one question wrong

ummm talked to the fam, ate dinner with Cleb, Cathy and JUDI JUDI JUDI!

Went to the well, talked about how a disciple is a soldier. Talked in smaller groups with JUDI JUDI JUDI and Kait! which was interesting. (Kait! is her whole name. She's just begging for an exclamation point)

Hung out at the student center, ate some awesome ice cream from Ambrosia.

Tuesday: Chinese was fun b/c we didn't have to know any of the new words yet. today was not so fun because we should have, but no one really did because we didn't have much time to look them over and they were mostly brand-new... and she posted SOME of the vocab aat like 9 last night, sooooo... Today we have to draw a "map" of campus and label the buildings and say a few sentences about where the different buildings are located using above below right and left. So that's gonna take a while

Ed dem was fun though. We were in groups and we advised "mayor Booker" on whether the Newark schools should be changed to charter schools, etc. and if so, what the charter schools would look like in order to make them successful. Great discussions, got to share my opinions. It's almost kinda annoying that my FHC and ed dem classes know I'm homeschooled because my teachers expect cool insights from an "outsider" of the system. Sure?

English Convo group: Me Katie Cleb, Yu, Zhoma (sp?), Andy, Alisa. We were outnumbered! We talked about music, and played musical chairs and played different samples of music videos with each round, ending with Hillsong.

Then we talked about what instruments people played, and they INSISTED that I play something for them :-P Later we talked about the Psalms, and played Psalm 63 and blew Caleb's mind when he found out I wrote it. Haha. The song, not the psalm.

Homework :-/

Dinner with Michelle and Caleb at Prentice. Talked about retreats and got pumped for Fall Getaway.

Homework.

Brownie night :-) Passed some out. Then played piano with Kait b/c we were in a playing mood. Decided that she would teach me how to play by ear and I would teach her how to play classical stuff, read music, etc. :-D

Homework, and Chinese flashcards that are now online.

Today: mostly talked about Chinese. It was fine. But tonight will not be.

FHC talked about the seven lesson schoolteacher. This was when it was annoying that the teacher knew I was homeschooled, b/c she kept saying, "Say something!!" But I never knew quite what to say until later, then she was off talking about other stuff... but I did get to say a bit about how I had never really learned these lessons. :-D

Now I'm off to lunch with Rachel, Astronomy, Advising with Dr. Winebrenner and then more homework. Should be fabulous. I think today may be a lounge lockdown day. That's why I'm blogging now.

Anywhos, that's the news.

Hey I rhyme! That will be my title.

No comments: