Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I ate with Judi and Kathleen, which was fun :-) I like those girls...

It's so weird that it's super dark at 6. I guess that's what happens every year, but it's always weird...

homework... bed at an actual decent ish hour... 8 hours of sleep later....

Tuesday

Chinese: Good. Mostly talked about character mistakes and then took a quiz. She said English sentences and we wrote down Chinese. That's my favorite type of quiz :-)

Education: Talked about immigrants and identity and what it means to be an American, and the whole fact that these students feel a sense of loss, like they have to give up who they were in order to become American. :-(

Lunch with Michelle and Emily (R not M). I like them too!

ECC with Andy, Yu, Amanda, Drolma, Kei, Katie, Caleb, and me. :0) we just sat around a table outside and talked about hobbies. It was fun! :-)

Then to the student center to have a conversation partner chat with Grace. It was fun! I thought that Grace was a boy, because in the email, the teacher said that we needed to meet so many times in order to "meet his assignment." So I'm like, ok, that's awkward, it's a boy with the name of Grace.... then I'm looking now that I know Grace really is a girl (and quite a nice one at that!), and I'm like, the teacher probably meant "this" assignment, but made a typo. Hah. So when I went to meet with Grace, I was looking around for a boy, but this girl was sitting there like she was waiting for someone. :-)

It was fun, we mostly just talked about languages and culture and stuff... Even though she's Chinese, she speaks slowly. (Most Chinese students that I know don't speak slowly and don't pay so much attention to grammar). I think it's just because she's still learning, not exactly because she really wants to make sure the grammar is correct... But it was fun! I got good at guessing what she was trying to say... sometimes :-p

Anyways, now I'm going to make Chinese flashcards and probably eat something and do a LOT of homework. :-) My goal is to be busy on Thursday, but not TOO busy!

No comments: